This website is owned and maintained by:
Hambleton Brewery Limited (or “We”or “Us”)
Melmerby Green Road, Melmerby, Ripon, HG4 5NB
We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you give to us. We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect and hold is likely to include your name, contact details, information about your organisation and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
- Performance of a Contract/Service – if we supply goods or services to you, or receive goods or services from you, we need to be able to contact you and to record any work performed for invoicing purposes. This information is likely to include your name, contact details and payment details, information about your business and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
- Legitimate Interest – on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
- Consent – we may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties so that they can tell you about their products and services [events, campaigns etc]. If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legal Obligation – we may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Updating your preferences
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 01765 640108.
How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
Your rights – you have the right to ask us at any time:
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given above, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website and to Hambleton Brewery Limited so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, by writing to us at the above address, or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: March 13, 2023
The Hambleton Brewery, mobile message service (the “Service”) is operated by Hambleton Brewery (“Hambleton Brewery,”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Hambleton Brewery,’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Hambleton Brewery, through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Hambleton Brewery,. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to Hambleton or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Hambleton Brewery, mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to Hambleton or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.